Categories
#Entertainment #sports

How I met Cristiano Ronaldo and my life changed forever – Georgina Rodriguez

‘Five years ago, my life changed. Thanks to love, my life is now a dream. Nothing in life has come easy. I know what it is to have nothing and to have everything,’ she said.

Georgina Rodriguez’s new Netflix series, I Am Georgina, premiered on Thursday and tells the tale of how she met her football megastar boyfriend, Cristiano Ronaldo.
The pair relate their distinct experiences of their first encounter at Gucci in Madrid, where Georgina worked as a saleswoman, in the episode titled The Day That Changed My Life.

Cristiano had stopped by with his eldest son Junior for a shopping spree.

It was a Thursday in summer, Georgina recalled.

She says the meeting was fortuitous. She ought to have closed at 5pm, but a colleague called and asked her to wait another 30 minutes for a female client coming to pick coats at their Gucci store.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Buhari to Nigerians: Encourage Super Eagles to bounce back and do better next time

President Buhari, while reacting to the defeat, released a statement advising Nigerians to encourage the boys to bounce back and do better next time.

Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to Nigeria’s elimination from the ongoing African Cup of Nations.

The Super-Eagles shockingly crashed out in the round-of-16 to Tunisia and as a result, did not meet up to the expectations they’d set for themselves in the Tournament.

After the defeat to Tunisia, the players faced heavy online bashing from angry Nigerians and some players were forced to deactivate their social media account.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

NFF considers appointing Eguavoen permanent Super Eagles coach

Eguavoen put himself in the frame for the job after guiding the Super Eagles to three successive wins in Cameroon.

The Nigeria Football Federation is considering the possibility of appointing Augustine Eguavoen permanent Super Eagles coach.

Eguavoen was named to the post last month in an interim capacity after the NFF fired former coach Gernot Rohr on the eve of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

The NFF later appointed Portuguese Jose Peseiro as the new head coach of the three-time African champions.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Victor Osimhen Has Best Response To Follower Who Criticized Him For The Way He Uses Social Media

Professional footballer, Victor Osimhen has told off a Twitter user who criticized him for the way he uses social media.

The footballer shared a Tweet that didn’t go down well with a follower and the follower told him his mind.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Shola Shoretire: Meet the Manchester United youngster who is eligible to play for Nigeria

The Nigeria-eligible finally got his first minutes of the season under new Manchester united gaffer Ralf Rangnick.

Teenage Manchester United sensation — Shola Shoretire got his first minutes of professional football this season under Ralf Rangnick.

The Nigeria-eligible youngster made a substitute appearance in Manchester United Champions League draw against Young Boys.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Rohr reveals the real reason why he was sacked

Former Coach Gernot Rohr has revealed the real reason why officials of the Nigeria football federation sacked him.

He said that *perhaps* he was sacked because he stood his ground against some officials who want their choice of players selection.

Rohr who was in charge of the Super Eagles before he was sacked on Sunday said he rejected advice from the Officials of NFF.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports INTERNATIONAL news

How long is Victor Osimhen out? Injury timeline, return date

Victor Osimhen — born 29 December 1998 — is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Napoli and the Nigeria national team.

Three weeks ago, Napoli football fans held their deep breath after their striker Osimhen went off injured in Napoli’s 3-2 loss.
Osimhen suffered a nasty facial injury following a collision with Inter Milan Milan’s Skriniar as they both went for the ball.

Although Osimhen had been injured before for Napoli, The severe damage of the injury on his face just by taking a look at it from the screens left many people worried.
But more importantly, Napoli fans were worried that their striker would miss against AC Milan this weekend.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Jubilation for Nigeria As Napoli Release Huge Statement Over Super Eagles Striker Victor Osimhen

Nigerian youngster Victor Osimhen has returned to training three weeks after suffering damage to his face, the Italian club has confirmed, Soccernet reports. The 22-year-old was initially scheduled to be out of action until January, but he seems to have returned as he was spotted at the club’s training ground.

The striker suffered terrible injuries to his cheekbone cheekbone and orbital fracture in Napoli’s Serie A clash against Inter Milan on November 21.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports INTERNATIONAL news

Lionel Messi ordered to demolish a Luxuries hotel he owns in Barcelona

Lionel Messi has being ordered to demolish a £26m hotel he owns in Barcelona, according to reports in Spain.

Messi began last week on a high after winning the Ballon d’Or for a record seventh time but his celebrations are likely to have been cut short by the news that his four-star hotel has been slapped with a court order for its demolition.
Spanish newspaper El Confidencial claims that the 77-room hotel, known as ‘MiM Sitges’, does not meet the required building standards in Barcelona.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports INTERNATIONAL news

Lionel Messi to demolish £26m hotel he owns in Barcelona amid Ballon d’Or win

Lionel Messi has being ordered to demolish a £26m hotel he owns in Barcelona, according to reports in Spain.

Messi began last week on a high after winning the Ballon d’Or for a record seventh time but his celebrations are likely to have been cut short by the news that his four-star hotel has been slapped with a court order for its demolition.
Spanish newspaper El Confidencial claims that the 77-room hotel, known as ‘MiM Sitges’, does not meet the required building standards in Barcelona.