Categories
National news politics

‘Empty vessels make the most noise’ Nigerians react as Court nullifies Andy Uba’s participation in Anambra guber election

Participation of All Progressives Congress, Andy Uba in Anambra governorship election last month has been nullified by a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.



Uba’s participation in the election was nullified by Justice Inyang Ekwo who ruled that he emerged from an illegally conducted primary election by the All Progressives Congress (APC).



Justice Ekwo in the judgement given on Monday December 20, said the plaintiff, George Moghalu, succeeded in proving that the APC did not conduct a valid primary election from which Uba claimed to have emerged as the party’s candidate.



The judge who ordered INEC to delete Uba from its record as a candidate in the election, also ordered the APC to refund to the plaintiff the N22,500.000 he paid for expression of interest and nomination forms since the party failed to conduct a valid primary.

Reactions

@ogbamike: Good one. May Gods name be praised. Those who planned to destroy my state God will expose and disgrace them one by one. Igbo kwennu.

@Nkechianim: So this man was using stolen mandate and he want to sue Soludo? Nawao. Empty vessels make the most noise.

@Ozalamba emeke: Good judgement! Andy Ubah, please stop disgracing yourself up and down. My advice to you is that you go and make peace with your maker. Seek God’s guidance regarding your political ambition, in terms of timing… The Bible says: Every good gift comes from God above: Hence until you receive it from God, you can’t actualize this ambition…

@Onyeigbo: UBA might have done the business of not lossing on both end by pressing to collect back the money he paid APC.he was too proud to congratulate the people’s choice of candidate.ndi ala

@Dan: Lol. And he was about to petition the election. At least with this money, you can go and settle your debts

ALSO READ

Anambra: Andy Uba Explains Why Opponents Are Defaming His Character


‘You were a domestic staff who cleaned Obasanjo’s shoes’ ‘Do you have waec certificate? – Andy Uba and Charles Soludo throw shots at each other in election debate


How long is Victor Osimhen out? Injury timeline, return date


Anambra Governorship Election: I’m anxious for your success – Buhari tells Andy Uba
Categories
Metro news

How medical doctor, others allegedly murdered billionaire businessman – Court

The prosecution witnesses to the trial of a medical doctor, Daniel Ibeaji and two others suspected over the killing of a billionaire businessman, the late Ignatius Odunukwe, yesterday, told a Lagos State High Court sitting at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS), how the suspects allegedly killed the deceased.

Giving graphic description of the events that led to the killing, brothers to the deceased, Afam and Eugene Odunukwe, told the court that police findings, showed that Ibeaji, the first defendant, was the last person to call the deceased (the late Chief Odunukwe), before his line was switched off.

Ibeaji is standing trial alongside Uzor Igwe Arinze and Cletus Solomon for alleged kidnapping and killing the businessman, while pretending to buy a property from him on December 1, 2019, at Atican Beach Hotel, Ajah, Lagos. The trio was charged before Justice Yetunde Adesanya by the Lagos State Government for conspiracy, kidnapping and killing of Odunukwe

They were arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on conspiracy to kidnap, contrary to Section 2, 3 of Kidnapping Prohibition Law of Lagos State 2017.

The offence is contrary to Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. They denied the allegation, and pleaded not guilty to all counts.
Led-in-evidence by the state prosecution counsel, Mr. Olayemi Shofolu, the first prosecution witness, Odunukwe Afam told the court that the deceased (Chief Odunukwe) who was his uncle informed him in November 2019 that one Godwin Okereke based in Enugu State had expressed interest in his 10 Terrace Duplex with an adjoining plot of land located in Abuja to be sold at N900 million.

Adam, who is a lawyer, told the court that he prepared a deed of assignment on the transaction.

He said that the deceased told him not to conduct an investigation of the buyer as the said Pa Okereke had requested privacy.

He stated that on November 30, himself and Chief Odunukwe met that night in Ikoyi and he was informed that the businessman would conclude the transaction with the purchaser the following day. Afam said that was the last time he saw him. He explained that he, thereafter, wrote a petition to the police and DSS.

“The deceased’s car was tracked to where it was dumped at Lekki. Shortly after, the three defendants were arrested.
“The deed of assignment and the original title documents on the same property was found in the possession of the first defendant, (Daniel Ibeaji),” he said.

The witness said he was present when the defendants led the police and journalists to where they had dumped the decapitated body of the deceased at a canal in Ogombo.


However, when he was cross- examined by defence counsel, the witness told the court that the land documents don’t bear the names of the defendants and that he didn’t witness the killing.
Also, the second prosecution witness, Odunukwe Eugene, a brother to the deceased, told court that police findings showed that the first defendant was the last person to call the deceased (the late Chief Odunukwe) , before the line was switched off.

He said the defendants later confessed in police custody and in his presence that they killed his brother in a hotel room at Ajah by hitting him on the head with an iron rod, despite pleadings by the deceased for his life to be spared.

He added that the first defendant, who claimed to be a medical doctor, allegedly injected him with a deadly dose of diazepam. He then dismembered him and his remains were dumped at nightfall.

Eugene was equally cross-examined by Mr. Jiakponna and Mr. Olajide Odusanya, the third defendant counsel, the witness said he was not there when the police arrested the defendants and that he didn’t know what transpired between the police and the defendants during investigation.
After listening to the testimony of the witnesses, Justice Adesanya subsequently adjourned further hearing to December 6, 2021.

Categories
news

Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of Houses And Cars Linked To Invictus Obi

Justice Peter Lifu of a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the temporary forfeiture of two houses in Abuja and two cars traced to the convicted cybercriminal, Obinwanne George Okeke also known as Invictus Obi.

The court issued the order on October 29, 2021 following an ex parte motion filed and argued by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) counsel, Chinenye Okezie. According to the EFCC, the properties will be used to restitute foreign victims of Invictus Obi’s fraud through the United States of America Consulate.
The houses to be forfeited are House 4 Oakville Estate, Kado Kuchi, Abuja and another five-bedroom duplex at Standard Estate, Kabusa, Abuja while the vehicles are a Toyota Corolla with Registration Number: RBC6238N and another unregistered Toyota Corolla Sport.

Granting the order, the presiding judge said

Categories
Metro news

Court orders immediate release of Peter Odili’s passport seized by immigration

Court orders immediate release of Peter Odili?s passport seized by immigration

Court orders immediate release of Peter Odili’s passport seized by immigration.

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja, has ordered the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) to immediately release the international passport of the former governor of Rivers State Peter Odili.

Odili had approached the court to challenge the seizure of his passport by the NIS.

Categories
National news

Alleged N4.6bn fraud: Court fines Fani-Kayode, threatens to revoke bail over absence in trial

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has been asked to pay a N200,000 fine by a Federal High Court in Lagos, for not making himself available for re-arraignment for alleged money laundering.



Justice Daniel Osaigor issued the order on Wednesday October 13, stating that having gone through the court’s file, he found five different letters from the former Minister seeking adjournment on same medical grounds. FFK was directed to pay the sum or risk revocation of his bail.

Categories
#Entertainment news

“Twerk to court”- Tonto Dikeh fires back at Janemena after she dared her to release the alleged sex tapes

Tonto Dikeh has fired back at dancer Janemena who dared her to release her purported sex tapes with a politician, Prince Kpokpogri.



Tonto in her response to Janemena opined that the dancer doesn’t understand the meaning of ”See you in court”.

She said ”See you in court” would have been enough message if she was an adult but that Janemena would rather twerk to court.

Categories
National news

Chidnma Ojukwu and one Adebayo quadri plead not guilty for the murder of Late Ataga

It will be Recalled that the 21-year old UNILAG Student Chidnma Adora Ojukwu, had been arrested for allegedly killing the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Micheal Usifo Ataga.

The Suspect confess to have stabbed the deceased with a kitchen knife after a struggle. She further confessed to have taken the knife away while leaving the scene and dispose same in a dust bin at her residence.

Categories
National news

“Today’s outcome is a disappointment. It is my hope that, going forward, there won’t be any further delay in hearing the case.” – Kanu’s Lawyer

The N5 billion suit filed by Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, at the Abia State High Court could not hold today. Aloy Ejimakor, disclosed this in a press release he personally signed and forwarded to Abaeme Maureen’s blog on Thursday.

Categories
National news

Former adult film star, Katalin Erzsebet Bradacs charged with murdering her two-year-old son

A former porn actress has been arrested on suspicion of murder after she allegedly stabbed her two-year-old son to death and dumped his corpse onto a checkout counter in a Lidl supermarket in Italy.



44-year-old Katalin Erzsebet Bradacs was taken into preventive custody after being charged with murdering her son Alex Juhasz.

Categories
National news

Death camp guard, 100, becomes the oldest person ever tried for Nazi-era crimes as he arrives at court in Germany

A 100-year-old death camp guard became the oldest man to go on trial for Nazi-era crimes today. The centenarian, identified only as Josef S, who refused to make a statement, also hid his face from cameras as he appeared in court in Germany charged with complicity in 3,518 murders at the Sachsenhausen death camp between 1942 and 1954.