Categories
#Entertainment Metro National news

We say N0! — #EndSARS protesters reject Gov Sanwo-Olu ‘peace walk’ invite

Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday called for “a walk for peace” next month for reconciliation.

The governor made this known while speaking at a press conference in Lagos.

“In December, I will be leading a walk for peace to herald the healing of our land,” he said. “Let me use this occasion to extend an open invitation to our youths, members of the diplomatic corps, civil society groups, students, and the media as well as other stakeholders to join me.”

Sanwo-Olu who said his government will not inflame already heightened tensions that stemmed from a report by a judicial panel that probed the October 2020 shooting of protesters at Lekki toll gate did not directly comment on the federal minister’s denouncement of the report.

Categories
Metro military National news

We’re professionals, at this point, Nigerians shouldn’t make disparaging remarks against us – Gen Irabor reacts to EndSARS Report

“It would not be right to disparage men and women who have worked so hard to ensure that the territorial integrity of this nation is kept intact. So in the meantime, until I see the full extent of the report.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has frowned at the manner at which the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses and Other Matters (Lagos EndSARS Panel), report leaked yesterday.

Irabor equally faulted the attack on Soldiers, noting that “we will not at this point think that Nigerians should make disparaging remarks regarding the Armed Forces of Nigeria, in the sense that we are a professional armed forces. If there are issues, of course, we address them within the ambit of the provisions.”

Categories
#Entertainment Metro news news

#EndSARS: I don’t have enough curses for ‘Lai-liar’ – OAP Toolz reacts to Lagos judicial panel’s report on Lekki Toll Gate shooting

#EndSARS: I don

OAP Tolu “Toolz” Oniru-Demuren has reacted to Lagos judicial panel’s report backing claims that people were killed at Lekki toll gate. AMB had reported earlier that the panel indicted the Nigerian Army and the Police of complicity in the death and disappearance of protesters at the Lekki Toll gate on October 20, 2020.

It will be recalled the Federal Government had insisted that the military did not shoot at protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate. Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, made this known during a press conference on the first anniversary of EndSARS which he described as ‘phantom massacre’

Categories
#Entertainment Metro military National news

#EndSARS: This animals made us doubt our sanity about the Lekki Massacre – Falz reacts to panel report indicting Army, Police killed protesters

These animals legit made us doubt our sanity’ says Falz as panel report finds unarmed protesters brutally killed by Nigerian Army, Police. Nigerian rapper, Falz Falana has reacted to the report indicting the Nigeria Army and Police over the shooting that took place at the Lekki toll gate in 2020.
In a post shared via his Instagram Stories on Monday, November 15, 2021, the rapper said the government tried to make everyone doubt their sanity in the heat of the shootings.
“These animals legit made us doubt our sanity about the Lekki massacre you know. Panel don compile their report, we gather here,” he wrote.