Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Shola Shoretire: Meet the Manchester United youngster who is eligible to play for Nigeria

The Nigeria-eligible finally got his first minutes of the season under new Manchester united gaffer Ralf Rangnick.

Teenage Manchester United sensation — Shola Shoretire got his first minutes of professional football this season under Ralf Rangnick.

The Nigeria-eligible youngster made a substitute appearance in Manchester United Champions League draw against Young Boys.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Rohr reveals the real reason why he was sacked

Former Coach Gernot Rohr has revealed the real reason why officials of the Nigeria football federation sacked him.

He said that *perhaps* he was sacked because he stood his ground against some officials who want their choice of players selection.

Rohr who was in charge of the Super Eagles before he was sacked on Sunday said he rejected advice from the Officials of NFF.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports INTERNATIONAL news

How long is Victor Osimhen out? Injury timeline, return date

Victor Osimhen — born 29 December 1998 — is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Napoli and the Nigeria national team.

Three weeks ago, Napoli football fans held their deep breath after their striker Osimhen went off injured in Napoli’s 3-2 loss.
Osimhen suffered a nasty facial injury following a collision with Inter Milan Milan’s Skriniar as they both went for the ball.

Although Osimhen had been injured before for Napoli, The severe damage of the injury on his face just by taking a look at it from the screens left many people worried.
But more importantly, Napoli fans were worried that their striker would miss against AC Milan this weekend.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports INTERNATIONAL news

‘How can one be 12 years at the top without taking care of himself ? – PSG star Neymar hits back at critics who label him a ‘Partygoer”

PSG star, Neymar has hit back as critics, telling them to judge him solely on his performances on the pitch instead of tagging him a ‘partygoer’ in Paris.



The Brazilian moved to Paris Saint-Germain in 2017 for a world record £198m but has often been pictured at lavish bars and nightclubs in the French capital.

Speaking about being labelled a partygoer, the 29-year-old said he only goes out when he doesn’t have training the next day.

‘I speak of respect because people say: “Ah, Neymar doesn’t take care of himself, Neymar is this, Neymar is that,” he said in an interview with YouTube channel Fui Clear.

Categories
#sports news

Cristiano Ronaldo fires back at critics ‘who question’ his work rate since returning to Manchester United

Cristiano Ronaldo has hit back at critics who have questioned his work rate since he returned to his former club Manchester United from Juventus.
Ronaldo has scored six goals since rejoining his former side on the final day of the summer transfer window. He scored a crucial winner against Atalanta in the Champions League on Wednesday night October 20.

United’s form as a team has raised concern and Ronaldo has faced criticism amid United’s concerning three-game winless run in the Premier League.

Reacting to the criticism, the Portuguese icon told Sky Sports: “I know when the team needs my help defensively. But my role in the club is to win, help the team to win and to score goals — [the defensive side] is part of my job.

Categories
#Entertainment #sports news

Steve Bruce reveals why he was sacked by Newcastle after Saudi takeover

He said: “I wanted so badly to make it work.

“I was so proud to be manager of Newcastle United, even in the dark times, I was determined to keep going and to keep this club in the Premier League.”

Manager Steve Bruce has left Newcastle United by mutual consent just 13 days after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of the club was completed.

Bruce said there had been “highs and lows” and that he hoped the new owners could “take the club forward”. Graeme Jones will take interim charge of the Premier League side. Newcastle said the appointment of a new manager “will be announced in due course”. Bruce is understood to have received in the region of £8m after his contract was paid up in full.

Categories
#Entertainment news

Italian football legend, Antonio Cassano claims Cristiano Ronaldo ‘is not even in the top FIVE’ greatest players of all-time

Italian football legend, Antonio Cassano claims Cristiano Ronaldo

Italian football legend, Antonio Cassano has launched another scathing attack on Cristiano Ronaldo by claiming that the Portuguese star is not even in the top five greatest players of all-time.

Ronaldo was branded the greatest player ever by his agent Jorge Mendes, after the 36-year-old was included on the 30-man shortlist for the Ballon d’Or prize, which the Portuguese icon has won five times before.

Categories
#Entertainment news

Journalist shares photos of contestants claiming to be ages 12 and 13 at the ongoing National Youth Games

Journalist shares photos of contestants claiming to be ages 12 and 13 at the ongoing National Youth Games

A Journalist has shared photos of two contestants claiming to be 12 and 13 years old at the ongoing National Youth Games in Ilorin.

One of the contestants taking part in tennis claims to be 12, but his face and build make that hard to believe.

Another, in a blue jersey, claims to be 13 years old despite looking like an adult.

Categories
#Entertainment news

Wanda Nara ‘splits from husband Mauro Icardi’ after accusing the PSG striker of cheating

Wanda Nara ?splits from husband Mauro Icardi? after accusing the PSG striker of cheating

Wanda Nara, the wife and agent of Paris Saint-Germain star Mauro Icardi, has reportedly split from her husband after accusing him of cheating.

Icardi, 28, and Wanda, 34, began their affair when the Argentine media personality was still married to his former team-mate at Sampdoria, Maxi Lopez. The pair later got married in 2014.

Categories
#Entertainment news

Cristiano Ronaldo deserves Ballon d’Or now more than ever – Super agent, Jorge Mendes

Cristiano Ronaldo deserves Ballon d

Cristiano Ronaldo deserves to win the Ballon d’Or this year more than ever before, according to his agent, Jorge Mendes.

Ronaldo has been nominated along the likes of Lionel Messi, Robert Lewandowski and Jorginho to win the prestigious award.

If he wins it, it will be the sixth time in his career and Mendes (who manages Jose Mourinho, Di Maria, Moutinho, Falcao and a host of top stars) feels he has done more than enough to win it despite winning only the Coppa Italia last season.